To deliver the company strategic plan as dictated by the Start Scotland board of directors. To manage contract delivery through Master Services Agreements (MSAs ) with Working Links and The Lennox Partnership to meet contractual requirements and secure appropriate, long term, sustainable outcomes for as many customers as possible. To act as the face of Start Scotland to the Fair Start Scotland contract management, Scottish Governmement and key stakeholders in Scotland. Be the guardian of Start Scotland’s reputation in Scotland and beyond. To manage the strategic growth of Start Scotland across Scotland so that we maximise all available opportunities to develop new business and increase our market share. To ensure cultural and goal alignment between Start Scotland, Working Links & TLP.
1. Develop and obtain sign off for the Start Scotland 3 years strategy with the Board and review and update annually
2. Implement and deliver the business plan for Start Scotland, ensuring delivery is aligned with contractual requrements and revenue growth targets are met.
3. Lead and promote Start Scotland in Scotland, acting as a figurehead in the eyes of funding bodies and key stakeholders to leverage business development opportunities
4. Resolve any contract specific performance issues with appropriate funder contract managers
5. Influence operational decisions without direct line management control (through MSAs) to ensure consistent, high quality service delivery that meets contractual requirements on a national scale
6. Manage and report the Start Scotland profit and loss budget.
7. Ensure good governance, and compliance with company policies (including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security) working with Working Links and TLP to ensure all operational teams operate in a way that protects customers and operational people at all times
8. Develop and maintain a robust framework of internal controls over risk in relation to all business activities. Assure the filing of all legal and regulatory documents, monitoring compliance with relevant legal and contractual jurisdictions
9. Ownership of the creation of clear interface boundaries between the Master Services Agreements and liaise with Working Links and TLP to reach agreement on any areas of dispute.
10. Develop and promote effective communication with Board members and other relevant constituencies
11. Fullfill all fiduciary responsibilities to the company
Drive to undertake a role, the primary purpose of which is, to make a positive social difference to those under our care, whilst ensuring satisfactory shareholder returns.
Senior manager with considerable experience in working in a multi site fast paced changing environment.
Considerable business development experience in Scotland, and ability to demonstrate success in this area
Experience of/ability to lead and influence senior management teams on a remote basis without direct line control.
Experience of implementing new contracts, designing process and delivery models.
Gravitas, with demonstrable reputation and contacts with relevant external stakeholders
Excellent business acumen and well developed strategic, analytical and financial skills to grow a profitable business
Experience in developing and setting up operations in new markets
Educated to degree level
Internal: Board of Directors, Senior Managers in Working Links and TLP, particularly the MD’s, Executive Team, Head of Operations WL Scotland, WL Regional partnership manager, Finance business partner operational and support personnel
External: Scottish Government, Local Authorities, other funding bodies, national and regional stakeholders, customers, subcontractors