Working Links on behalf of StartScotland are delivering the Scottish governments flagship employability programme Fair Start Scotland in Fife. This voluntary programme is aimed at providing support to disabled people and those at risk of becoming long-term unemployed to find and retain work. This service will provide a coherent range of support that will respond flexibly to the individual needs of customers and their employers
The purpose of the role is to secure suitable and sustainable job outcomes for employability customers through building relationships with employers and customers, providing a variety of high-quality tailored employment focused services. You will be expected to promote our full employer service offer to employers (including recruitment, in work support and progression, and skills (including apprenticeships), in order to deliver tailored value-added support to secure stronger relationships and long-term employer commitment.
1. Deliver performance against agreed targets including vacancy sourcing, employer engagement, service and quality key performance indicators (KPIs).
2. Undertake local research to identify and build relationships with suitable employers who are committed to supporting and employing individuals with barriers to work including health, disability or criminal convictions.
3. Promote the Service Offer to employers and internal operational functions through relationship management, sales, marketing and communication activity.
4. Maintain a good understanding of the local/regional labor market and employer needs in order to inform customers and operational delivery, drive sector specific skill training and support targeting of sectors and employers.
5. Manage a floating caseload of work ready customers and understand their specific work related needs, arranging appropriate pre-employment training and support to enable progression to work readiness
6. Implement a tailored customer approach to identifying the right employer to optimise opportunity of securing sustainable employment,
7. Advise and support employers in the promotion of adapted recruitment approaches and techniques to support customers to secure work e.g. personality based interviews, work trials, job carving
8. Promote Working Links’ “Fair Work Agenda” to all employers
9. Work in partnership with the employability Consultants or Key Workers and Specialist Health Advisors(where applicable) to advise employers of specialist support e.g. reasonable adjustments, funding available, inclusion in national initiatives (eg Disability Confident) etc.
10. Provide a variety of support in work to employers and customers and promote in work progression via continued learning and use of our online products
11. Build and maintain relationships with a network of appropriate stakeholder partnerships to include organisations such as JCP, LAs, LEPs, Employer Forums, and Disability Forums.
12. Observe and adhere to our customer service standards so that all customers are provided with the same high standard of service that maximises their chances of securing sustainable employment.
13. Maintain contract CRM and vacancy data to a required quality standard, to enable operations timely access to key employer related data
14. Ensure compliance with our company policies (including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security) so customers and colleagues are protected at all times.
15. Hold a good understanding of all other contract delivery including our Skill and Apprenticeship offers.
Internal: Employability Consultants or Key Workers, Specialist Health Advisors, Performance Managers, Tutors
External: Customers, employers, key stakeholders, other external bodies
Experience of working in a customer focused, results driven environment.
Exhibit sound judgement, initiative and drive to self-manage to achieve performance targets
Knowledge of the local labour market / local social challenges
Awareness and understanding of Health, Wellbeing and Disability initiatives to support individuals into employment including route ways, job design and adjustments
Ability to advise and influence customers and employers
Experience of appropriate IT systems.
A good standard of general education and experience of the world of work
Internal - To apply for a position, please send send your CV and expression of interest detailing the skills and experience you've gained to date which you feel are relevant to this role (no more than 500 words) to