To contribute to the overall performance of Wales Community Rehabilitation Company (Wales CRC) by the provision of Reception, administrative and other support services.
1. Act as first point of contact, while on Reception, for all visitors to the Probation Office, promptly notifying the relevant staff member that their visitor has arrived.
2. Handle telephone calls, taking messages as appropriate, and promptly directing to the appropriate team.
3. Answer all enquiries, while on Reception, relating to basic information about Wales CRC or the building, referring more technical enquiries to an appropriate manager.
4. Deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing and internal.
5. Retain petty cash and travel warrants to reimburse offenders according to current policy under the supervision of the Operational Manager.
6. Provide a confidential and high level administrative support service, to include;
8. To perform delegated administration tasks as required relating to the LDU as directed by the Operational Manager/LDU Head
9. Build and maintain strong working relationship with key business partners to ensure they contribute to the delivery of business plan objectives.
10. To be proactive and anticipate future work demands.
1. Evidence of being able to solve problems and respond to request for information or action effectively.
2. Knowledge of a range of Office computer packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
3. Evidence of knowledge of general administrative processes.
4. Ability to input and maintain effective systems; computer and manual.
5. Evidence of the awareness of confidentiality and data protection, and how to handle requests for information.
1. Evidence of ability to plan and organise own workload.
2. Evidence of ability to work in a reception position.
1. Evidence of ability to understand and respond effectively to requests from a wide range of staff and organisations.
2. Evidence of the ability to communicate effectively on a one to one basis with all customers/clients and staff.
3. Evidence of the ability to deliver excellent customer service.
1. Ability to speak / write in Welsh.
1. Evidence of the ability to use a key board and a reasonable degree of computer literacy.
1. Ability to travel to all locations as required by the role.
1. Evidence of the ability to follow well understood plans and direction.
2. Evidence of the ability to make the right decision with the right information and in the right circumstances.
1. Evidence the ability to understand when to seek direction.
Finance and resources
1. Evidence of numeracy and financial acumen.
2. Cash handling in a formal capacity
1. Evidence of ability to demonstrate self awareness of physical, emotional and mental capabilities.
2. Evidence of ability to make achievable commitments.
3. Evidence of working to agreed, varied and sometimes challenging deadlines.
1. Evidence of ability to diffuse difficult and potentially angry situations.
2. Evidence of ability to concentrate on detailed work for a reasonable amount of time.
1. GCSE A-C Grade (or equivalent) in English and Maths
2. IT qualification equivalent, i.e. ECDL/ CLAIT or equivalent work experience to the competency level of ECDL.
3. Evidence of training and/or qualifications which reflect appropriate administration skills, e.g. NVQ Level 1 in Business Administration.
18.5 hours WEDNESDAY to FRIDAY, to include some late nights on Wednesday and Thursday until 7pm or 8pm. To be arranged.