To research, design and develop innovative learning materials and resources for a wide-ranging curriculum offer, including e-learning, to meet the needs of all learners and employers. The learning environment will involve the development of programmes and courses which are both accredited and non-accredited. The curriculum offer and development of programmes and materials will be aligned to the overall business strategy and/or within specific contract requirements to maximise the customer learning experience.
1. Use technology to research, develop and produce a catalogue of online virtual learning courses which will improve learner skills and knowledge. The online offer will need to be engaging, interactive and maximise the learning experience of the customer.
2. Ensure high quality resources and materials are developed within a wide-ranging curriculum and ensure the design and development process adheres to the relevant guidance.
3. Contribute to the design and development of bespoke programmes which could be customer, partner or employer led. Ensure learning objectives meet the course or programme specification. Sector specific research to be conducted to ensure content of training materials are accurate.
4. Adhere to company branding guidelines when designing learning materials, illustrations and resources to ensure a consistent high quality. This includes the design and production of session plans, workbooks, resources, Powerpoint presentations, as well as online learning support including video links. Liaise with external design agencies regarding the most fit for purpose design solutions whilst ensuring best value for money. This includes design templates in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint, as well as suitable and consistent illustrations.
5. To promote a culture of continuous improvement in relation to developing and reviewing the effectiveness of learning materials and resources. Involve the tutor team in the development of courses and workshops to identify learner needs and best approaches to meet these. Request feedback and discuss solutions to improve or enhance delivery and/or learner experience.
6. Ensure all courses and workshops take into account effective principles of teaching and learning. This includes promoting safeguarding, blended learning, e-safety and embedding English, maths and ICT.
7. Maintain the internal communication Intranet pages and liaise with the marketing department to ensure most up to date resources and learning materials are held within the internal support catalogue.
A minimum of two years experience of developing materials and resources on a VLE or/and familiar with e-authoring tools to produce engaging and interactive training modules
Competent ICT skills and experienced in the use of Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
Extensive knowledge and skills in the development of both online and paperbased learning materials/resources
Knowledge of the principles of effective learning
Experience of producing a varied portfolio of learning materials within the employability and vocationally led sectors.