To engage, establish and maintain excellent relationships within the local community to actively promote and sell the benefits of Working Links/ ESF contract.
Someone who genuinely cares about people, can build rapport quickly and gain trust whilst showing respect to all individuals. Someone who has a good work ethic, is focused and able to use a variety of skills to challenge and persuade people. Is clear, analytical and objective, with a non-judgemental approach and an excellent communicator. Is pro-active, constantly searching for new solutions and striving for the best solution for each person. Is able to manage a number of different projects at one time. Is able to work well as part of a team as well as alone and recognises the interdependencies with the rest of the location.
1. To develop and maintain engagement processes and strategies to ensure that customer referrals are maximised
2. To engage with individuals, groups and organisations within each community
3. Proactively engaging to establish relationships with community organisations and partner agencies.
4. Build and maintain networks with key stakeholders including employers, jobcentre teams and provisions and funding providers to ensure smooth operation of all processes
1. Manage a caseload of customers to ensure appropriate and effective contractual activity is undertaken by all customers according to their level of job readiness.
2. Address customer’s personal constraints to employment, providing challenge, advice and guidance where appropriate to develop customer’s capability in the recruitment process ensuring they have the necessary skills and confidence to secure employment.
3. Identify, structure and recommend vacancy and training solutions, working in close consultation with EST Consultants, Health Advisors and Tutors, to meet the specific needs of customers and employers.
4. Provide advice, guidance and support for customers during their initial weeks of employment, supporting their transition from welfare to employment to maximise the potential for customers to sustain employment in the long term.
5. All customer engagement activities are embedded and meaningful
6. Observe and adhere to our customer service standards so that all customers are provided with the same high standard of service that maximises their chances of securing sustainable employment.
7. Maintain IT files and customer records to a required quality standard to ensure the customer journey is documented in accordance with our quality standards.
8. Identify employment and other work related opportunities with employers through marketing candidates directly into employers.
9. Ensure compliance with our company policies (including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security) so customers and colleagues are protected at all times.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1. A good standard of general education and experience of the world of work
2. An ability to influence a range of different people on the benefits of Working Links
3. Experience of working in a customer focused, results driven environment.
4. The ability to build rapport and work effectively with challenging individuals
5. An ability to develop solutions within the engagement market
6. Knowledge of the local labour market
7. Experience of appropriate IT systems
8. Good knowledge of community organisations and existing relationships would be advantageous
9. Experience of presenting and delivering wellbeing related group interventions, facilitating workshops or training sessions
10. Experience of working with those who are unemployed and / or have wellbeing related issues with an understanding of vulnerable groups
11. The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working in health promotion or public health
12. Good understanding of digital marketing including social media to promote Links to Work programme.
Full driving licence and access to own vehicle
IAG Level 3 (desirable)
Internal; Performance Managers, Consultants, Internal service providers
External: Customers, key stakeholders, other external bodies (e.g. Local Authority), Employers.