The role will require you to deliver a range of group-work interventions including Ministry of Justice programmes proven to be effective at reducing re-offending. These are designed to challenge the attitudes and behaviours of service users.
* Working directly with service users, predominantly in groups, to deliver targeted interventions to match risk and need.
* Interventions include Accredited Programmes (APs), Rehabilitation Activity Requirements (RARs), Employment Training and Education (ETE), Restorative Justice (RJ) and Senior Attendance Centre (SAC).
* Team members will not be expected to deliver all interventions, but will be expected to demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills to best meet service user need and operational demand.
* Ensure quality interventions are delivered according to the relevant manual and Quality Assurance Framework
* Ensure processes are followed for the management of information and ensure recording is accurate and timely.
* Contribute to the ongoing risk assessment and management of all service users
* Establish and maintain relationships with key individuals and teams.
* Promote equality and diversity when delivering interventions taking into account the needs of service users with protected characteristics.
* Promote access to service users. There is an expectation that interventions officers work evenings (generally 3 a week) and deliver interventions at different sites according to local need. This role may involve weekend working, but only for those practitioners who wish to do so.
* Ensure that company policies including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security are met at all times so service users and staff are protected
You should have experience of working with people with challenging behaviour, ability to motivate others and to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Successful candidates will benefit from a comprehensive and structured training plan.
Good basic standard of education essential. Organisational, IT and communication skills.
Relevant experience of working with those who present with challenging behaviours.
Crimnal Justice qualification and experience desirable.
Whilst the post is based in Truro, you may be expected to work across Devon & Cornwall for which travel expenses will be paid. Briefings and training events inevitably take place at offices other than Truro and you will be expected to travel for these. Formal training is often residential, and may last up to a week at a time and this often takes place outside of the South West.
Evening working as described is a requirement of the post.